These pumpkin muffins are the 2nd part of our traditional Halloween dinner. The first part is Spooky Graveyard Chili. They are a bit of an indulgence since they use a cake mix, but it is Halloween after all! These are almost as easy as my EASY Pumpkin Doughnuts, but I won’t shout “easy” at you again. Once again, you don’t have to wait for Halloween to enjoy these, pumpkin is a delicious flavor any time in the fall. Don’t let the title worry you, these are “spicy” because they have some cayenne in them, but it’s totally optional. Especially since these need to cool, feel free to make them ahead of time, so you can enjoy your Halloween!
[recipe title=”Spicy Pumpkin Muffins” Servings=”12 Muffins” Time=”35mins” Difficulty=”Easy” image=”http://www.rumblyinmytummy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Muffins_Plate.jpg”]
Adapted from HEB
- 15 ounces pure pumpkin
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine pumpkin, egg, cake mix, cinnamon, ginger, and cayenne (if using). Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 min.
- Spoon muffin batter into each cup, making 12 muffins.
- Bake muffins in center of oven for 15 min.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 10 min.
- Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack to finish cooling.