I like to bake, but I also like being able to fit into my clothes, so a perfect solution is to find someone or a group of people who I can share my goodies with! That group of people is usually either my co-workers or my husband’s co-workers. These cupcakes are a favorite and are often requested! Unfortunately, some of my best “customers” are ex-co-workers 🙁 so these were given as an early Christmas gift. I bought some of these cupcake containers for a bake sale at my boys’ school and they come in very handy for gift giving too!
One of the favorite cereals at our house is definitely Cinnamon Toast Crunch. It’s sweet, cinnamony, and crunchy, and talk about the delicious milk it leaves at the end! These cupcakes capture all of that cinnamony goodness with a bonus of cream cheese frosting swirled on top that’s flavored with the cereal. Since the base of this cupcake is made with a cake mix, it’s fairly easy too!
[recipe title=”Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes” Servings=”22 Cupcakes” Time=”2 Hours w/Cooling” Difficulty=”Easy” image=”http://www.rumblyinmytummy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cupcakes_Package.jpg”]
Credit: Your Cup of Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- vanilla cake mix (not white or yellow)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch powder (crush the cereal and sift to get the powder)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk, if needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pans with 22 cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, gently combine the eggs, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Mix in the sour cream.
- Add cake mix and cinnamon and mix until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with cake mix and bake for 15-18 min.
- Let cupcakes cool in the pan for 5-10 min and then remove to a cooling rack. Allow cupcakes to cool fully before frosting.
- Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Mix in Cinnamon Toast Crunch powder.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar.
- If the frosting is too thick, add the milk and mix.
- Pipe (or frost with knife) the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes and top with cinnamon sugar and Cinnamon Toast Crunch squares.